Title: Lead Camp Educator
Summary of Responsibilities: Guide students in week-long adventures in learning; create and develop experiential curriculum and program materials; prep, set-up and clean-up daily activities; build community relationships within the camp setting; safely manage up to 20 students a week; supervise assistant educator and teen volunteers.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in early
childhood, education or a related field.
- Understanding of educational theories or techniques,
age/grade characteristic, and/or child developmental stages
- At least 2 years of teaching experience with children in summer
camps, informal or formal classroom setting
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working
relations with staff, volunteers and the general public.
- Ability to address the public and discuss problems,
complaints and issues tactfully, courteously, and effectively.
- Demonstrated use of good judgment.
- Creativity and flexibility, with sensitivity to working with
diverse audiences, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand for extended periods, bend and safely lift up to 25 lbs.
Desired Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Experience in a museum setting
- Bilingual speaker
Terms of Employment:
- Stipend per half day week-long session.
To apply for this position, please email resume, cover letter and 3 references to TJ Hicks, firstname.lastname@example.org .
CDMOD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: To ensure that CDMOD’s personnel policies and practices are administered fairly, CDMOD employs individuals on the basis of merit and needs, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual preference, disability, or veteran status.