Title: Gallery Discovery Guide
Summary of Responsibilities: Interacting with children and adults through promoting role modeling and facilitated Museum exhibits and programs; Prepare and instruct lessons for tours, workshops, birthday parties, special events and floor demonstrations.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relations with staff, volunteers and the general public.
- Ability to address the public and discuss problems, complaints and issues tactfully, courteously, and effectively.
- Demonstrated use of good judgment.
- Creativity and flexibility, with sensitivity to working with diverse audiences, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and experience working with children and teachers.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with some evenings and holidays.
- Ability to stand for extended periods, bend and safely lift up to 25 lbs.
Desired Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood, education or a related field.
- Experience in a museum setting
- Understanding of educational theories or techniques, age/grade characteristic, and/or child developmental stages
- Bilingual speaker
- Teaching experience with children
Terms of Employment:
- Part-Time, hourly
- Weekends and some evening hours required
To apply for this position, please email resume, cover letter and 3 references to Emily Culhan, Associate Director of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org
CDMOD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: To ensure that CDMOD’s personnel policies and practices are administered fairly, CDMOD employs individuals on the basis of merit and needs, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual preference, disability, or veteran status.