Volunteer at CDMOD!
We are looking for volunteers to join our team! Volunteering is a great opportunity to support our educational mission of inspiring personal growth to children and their families by engaging curiosity and creativity through hands-on exploration of exhibits and programs. As a volunteer, you play a very important role in the quality of each visitor’s experience at the museum.
Adult Volunteer & Junior Volunteer Orientation and Trainings will be announced shortly.
Your contribution to CDMOD and your community:
– Assist the museum in providing quality customer service and fun, educational experiences for children and families
– Help others experience the joy associated with learning by play
– Helps supplement the time and ability of the full-time staff to achieve museum goals
– Provides opportunities to share your own experiences, knowledge and enthusiasm with museum visitors
Adult Volunteer Requirements:
– Friendly and enthusiastic
– Reliable and flexible
– Experience and interest in working with children and families
– Attend a volunteer orientation and volunteer training
– Age 18 or older (for those who are under 18 and want to volunteer, please check out our Junior Volunteer program!).
– Opportunity to gain new skills and meet new people;
– Training necessary to perform volunteer tasks;
– Annual volunteer recognition;
– Quarterly volunteer newsletter;
– Discount in the Museum Store.
Group/Club Special Project Volunteers
Schools or clubs who have community service as a part of their mission, may request a presentation from the CDMOD and placement by the Volunteer Coordinator. Volunteer assignment and hours will be coordinated to include a specific or annual event throughout the year. Includes: Key Clubs,Leadership and Educational groups, Religious organizations, Teen Advancement programs and more! Your Club or Group is needed today!
Junior Volunteer Program
WHO: Caring teens ages 12-18, who enjoy working with children in a hands-on and educational atmosphere.
WHEN: Call today to begin your after school, summer break and weekend adventure. Schedules are flexible to fit your calendar needs, your availability and your parents’ transportation schedule.
We would like you to volunteer at least two times per month or organize school service group, most teens do more. Look at our calendar for the many different volunteer opportunities.
WHY: You can look forward to:
- Finding a valued place in a constructive group
- Real work experiences and resume building
- Feeling a sense of worth as a person
- Believing in a promising future with real opportunities
- Finding ways of being useful to others through volunteering
- Expressing constructive curiosity through real-life experiences
- Showing your care for the community through hands-on activities
- Simply . . . To have fun with new friends!
Just one day a week, for just a few hours will make the difference in a child’s life!
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please email: email@example.com, or call (760) 321-0602, ext. 112.