Summer Discovery Camp
When School is out, Discovery Camp is in!
June 17th to August 2nd*
*Camp will pause on the 4th of July for our First Annual Kidependence Day— Bring the whole family!
We have different types of camps during the summer! From STEM to music, garden to table, there is something for everyone here at CDMOD.
$135 for half-day full week options – Choose from AM Session Only (9 a.m.-12 p.m.) OR PM Session Only (1 p.m. – 4 p.m.)
$215 for full-day full week options (9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Extended Care Options: $10 per child, per session
* Before-Care Session: 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
* Lunch-Care Session: 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. (ONLY for half-day campers)
* After-Care Session: 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
To register: Call (760) 321-0602
Check back for updates.
General Camp Information
Each day Discovery Camp brings kids together as they explore a theme through art, activities, and play. At CDMOD children See More! Do More! Be More!
Enrollee Age/Grade Requirements
Camps are organized by grade level to meet the developmental needs of our campers. Campers must be enrolled in the designated grade in the fall of the same year.
Sign In and Out
All campers must be signed in and out every day by you or an authorized adult you name in the registration. Camp staff will ask for a picture ID to ensure safety.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Morning camp begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 12:00 noon. Afternoon camp begins at 1:00 p.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m. Full-day camps begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at 4:00 p.m.
Drop-off is from 8:50-9:00 a.m. or 12:50-1:00 p.m. in the front Lobby of the museum. All campers must be signed into camp by an adult. Please do not leave your child unattended at the entrance of the building or the parking lot.
Morning Pick-up is from 11:50 a.m.-12:00 noon in the front Lobby. Please be prompt and have your ID ready.
Afternoon Pick-up is from 3:50-4:00 p.m. in the Hands-On Learning Lab. Please be prompt and have your ID ready.
If you require a pick-up time after 4:00 p.m., you must register for Extended Care.
Before-care is available from 8:00-9:00 a.m. for an additional $10.00 per day per child. After-care is available from 4:00-5:30 p.m. for an additional $10.00 per day per child. During Extended Care, your child will engage in activities with our education staff and camp counselors. Drop-off will take place in the front Lobby and pick-up will take place in the Hands-On Learning Lab. Pick-up times are firm – please be prompt.
What to Bring:
Clothing: Our camps are activity-oriented. Please make sure your child is wearing comfortable clothes they can get messy in and closed-toe shoes (sneakers are recommended) that are comfortable for walking.
Sunscreen: Please apply sunscreen before camp. You may send sunscreen along with your child for re-application.
Drinks: Please send your child with a filled water bottle daily as we will spend some time outside and it will be warm.
Lunch: Please send your child with a lunch that does not need to be refrigerated or heated. CDMOD will provide a healthy snack.
Meals and Snacks
All camps have a scheduled snack in the morning and the afternoon and a supervised lunch for campers enrolled for a full-day. CDMOD provides a healthy snack in the morning and afternoon, but does not provide lunch. Please send your child to camp with a lunch that does not require refrigeration or heating. If your child prefers their own snack, please send one as well. If your child has food sensitivities / allergies, please include that information on your registration form so that we can make appropriate accommodations.
Fun and safety are only possible when there are behavior guidelines. Students are expected to show respect for fellow campers, counselors, staff, themselves, and the Museum exhibits. Due to safety concerns, disruptive behavior and physical aggression are not tolerated. Camp staff are trained to use positive management tools in the camps. If any camper does not respond these methods, they will be escorted to the office for a time-out. If the problem persists, campers may be removed from the program with no refund.
If your child is unable to participate in camp due to illness, we ask that you keep them at home, both for their own wellness, and to maintain a healthy environment for other participants. We are unable to offer refunds for missed camp days because your camp fees support the operational cost of the camp as a whole. We appreciate your understanding.
Scheduling and Refund Policy
Space is limited and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. CDMOD reserves the right to cancel camps that do not meet minimum enrollment. All camp fees are non-refundable, except in the instance when a camp does not meet minimum enrollment.
*No Camp July 4th
Pricing and Registration- Please call Camp Coordinator to Register over the phone. 760-321-0602 or at email@example.com.
Optional Before, After, and Lunch Camp Care
Available from 8:00 a.m.-to the beginning of camp and from the end of camp until 5:30 p.m. Lunch care is from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Each session (morning, lunch, and evening) has a $10 fee. Lunch care is free with full day camp registration. You can sign up at drop-off or by calling 760-321-0602 x111 (at least 2 days in advance).
Discovery Camp Themes:
- Themes are for ALL AGES, with age-appropriate activities in each classroom.
- AM and PM Sessions will be different – but the theme will be the same all week.
- Week 1: June 17-21
- AM – “Passport to Fun”: All week, campers will travel the globe to explore and experiment with how children play and create around the world. Get your passport stamped from 5 countries during this fun-filled week of cultural exploration through art, games, and more!
- PM – “Under the Sea”: Dive in and explore our newest traveling exhibit, “Splash and Bubbles: Dive in, Lend a Fin”. Campers will learn about our one big ocean, coral reefs, and how to keep our oceans clean through art, music, and science.
- Week 2: June 24-28
- AM – “Inventor’s Workshop”: Think outside the box! This week, campers unleash their creativity and innovate at a whole new level. Design playful, original, and inspiring projects for the big reveal on Friday.
- PM – “Big Art”: The sky’s the limit with these creations! Explore art in an oversized way through creative and challenging large-scale projects. Part science, part art, all fun!
- Week 3: July 1-5 – No Camp July 4th
- AM – “Red, White, and Beach Week”: Jump into mid-summer celebrations with water play, sand art, sun and fun! Learn more about July 4th and get ready to celebrate big at CDMOD.
- PM – “Shipwrecked”: What would you do if you were marooned on a desert island? Time to build a shelter, explore for food, and search for buried treasure. Watch out for pirates this week!
- Week 4: July 8-12
- AM – “Science Sleuths”: Campers become detectives this week as they decide, “Fact or Fiction?” Conduct hands-on experiments to learn more about the world around you and solve a mystery at the end of the week.
- PM – “If You Give a Kid a Kitchen…”: Make and munch! This week, campers will dive into 5 different books and find a new favorite. Explore a new book each day through crafts, games, and of course, cooking!
- Week 5: July 15-19
- AM – “If You Give a Kid a Kitchen…”: Make and munch! This week, campers will dive into 5 different books and find a new favorite. Explore a new book each day through crafts, games, and of course, cooking!
- PM – “World Tour”: Leave the luggage at home but bring your imagination on this trip! We are going around the world to 5 new countries to learn how children play and create across continents.
- Week 6: July 22-26
- AM – “Silly Art”: It’s time to get silly with art! This week, art is drippy, goopy, and loads of fun. Make a creative mess, learn about art, and laugh along the way.
- PM – “Space Kids”: Buckle up and countdown to launch! Campers will join our space academy and discover the wonders of our galaxy through science, space food, and more!
- Week 7: July 29-August 2
- AM – “Ocean Explorers”: Chart a course for innovation and creativity! Investigate coral reefs, engineer equipment for your ocean adventures, and take inspiration from these incredible ocean dwellers. Take the plunge into an unforgettable underwater adventure.
- PM – “Maker’s Workshop”: Harness your inventive energy and join our maker community as campers transform intriguing ideas into fun, functional reality! Build useful inventions to take home, make dazzling décor for your room, and tinker with games to turn your ideas to fun!
Register at the links below:
PRONGHORNS REGISTRATION (Entering 5th, 6th, or 7th grade for 2019-2020 school year)
• Week 1: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Pronghorns—Summer-Ca…
• Week 2: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Pronghorns—Summer-Ca…
• Week 3: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Pronghorns—Summer-Ca…
• Week 4: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Pronghorns—Summer-Ca…
• Week 5: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Pronghorns—Summer-Ca…
• Week 6: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Pronghorns—Summer-Ca…
• Week 7: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Pronghorns—Summer-Ca…
ROADRUNNERS REGISTRATION (Entering 3rd or 4th grade for 2019-2020 school year)
• Week 1: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Roadrunners—Summer-C…
• Week 2: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Roadrunners—Summer-C…
• Week 3: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Roadrunners—Summer-C…
• Week 4: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Roadrunners—Summer-C…
• Week 5: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Roadrunners—Summer-C…
• Week 6: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Roadrunners—Summer-C…
• Week 7: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Roadrunners—Summer-C…
DESERT TORTOISES REGISTRATION (Entering 1st or 2nd grade for 2019-2020 school year)
• Week 1: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Desert-Tortoises—Sum…
• Week 2: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Desert-Tortoises—Sum…
• Week 3: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Desert-Tortoises—Sum…
• Week 4: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Desert-Tortoises—Sum…
• Week 5: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Desert-Tortoises—Sum…
• Week 6: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Desert-Tortoises—Sum…
• Week 7: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Desert-Tortoises—Sum…
HUMMINGBIRDS REGISTRATION (Entering Kindergarten for 2019-2020 School Year)
• Week 1: 64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Hummingbirds—Summer-Camp-201…
• Week 2: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Hummingbirds—Summer-…
• Week 3: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Hummingbirds—Summer-…
• Week 4: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Hummingbirds—Summer-…
• Week 5: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Hummingbirds—Summer-…
• Week 6: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Hummingbirds—Summer-…
• Week 7: https://64943.blackbaudhosting.com/…/Hummingbirds—Summer-…